Jaya Bachchan Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Caste, Biography, Family & Facts
Jaya Bachchan (born April 09, 1948) is an Indian Veteran Actress and Politician from Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. She is one of the well-acknowledged Indian Cinema heroines who had made history in the Bollywood with her acting skills. She is also importantly known for being the politician who is related to the Samajwadi Party. She has been part of the Rajya Sabha since the year 2004 which is more than a decade.
In September 2020, Jaya had become the topic of the news headlines over the matter of the Kangana Ranaut case. While other eminent personalities from the acting world have come to the support of her while Kangana Ranaut is opposite to her views. She has said that Bollywood is more of a drug business rather than building ones acting career in it.
Jaya has not let only said to this while disgracing Kangana Ranaut she said that Bollywood has given her the chance to earn her livelihood. Indian cinema is the hub of employment to more than 5 million people in the country. As she said that there have been so many stars who have earned their name and fame while working in the industry and she highly revolts against calling it as Gutter by Ms. Ranaut.
Moreover, she has not only stopped to this she has called out we should not bite those hands which feed us while referring to the speech of Ravi Krishan in the Rajya Sabha.
|Real Full Birth Name||Jaya Bhaduri.|
|Profession||Veteran Actress and Politician.|
|Famous for||her performance in various super hit films such as Guddi, Zanjeer, Abhimaan, Chupke Chupke, Sholay, etc.|
|In the news for||making a remark on Kangana Ranaut while giving a speech in the parliament.|
|Age (How old, as of 2020)||72 years old.|
|Date of Birth||9 April 1948.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aries.|
|Birthplace||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India.|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India.|
|Current Residence||Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
Career & Achievements
|Debut||Bengali Movie: Mahanagar (1963, as a child artist).
Bollywood Film: Guddi (1971, as Guddi).
|Filmfare Awards||1. Special Award for Uphaar ( 1972).
2. Best Actress Award for Abhimaan (1974).
3. Best Actress Award for Kora Kagaz (1975).
4. Best Actress Award for Nauker (1980).
5. Special Award for Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa (1998)
6. Best Supporting Actress Award for Fiza (2001).
7. Best Supporting Actress Award for Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2002).
8. Best Supporting Actress Award for Kal Ho Naa Ho (2004).
9. Lifetime Achievement Award (2007).
|Padma Shri||In the field of Art (1992).|
|Other Honours||1. Yash Bharti Award, UP state’s highest award (1994).
2. Master Deenanath Mangeshkar (Vishesh Puraskar) Award for her dedicated services to Indian theatre and cinema (2013).
3. Best Parliamentarian Award by Lokmat (2017).
|Political Journey||1. Elected as the Member of Parliament in 2004.
2. Represented Uttar Pradesh in the Rajya Sabha from 2004 to 2006.
3. Excluded as a member of the Rajya Sabha in 2006.
4. Re-elected for the fourth time in the Rajya Sabha in 2018.
|Salary||Rs. 1 Lakh + other allowances (as a member of parliament).|
|Properties (as of 2020)||1. Immovable Assets: Rs 460 crore approx.
2. Movable Assets: Rs 540 crore approx.
|Net worth (approx.)||Rs 2000 Crore Indian Rupees as of 2020.|
|Dating History?||dated Amitabh for a while|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Amitabh Bachchan (m. 3 June 1973 – Present).
|Children||Son: Abhishek Bachchan.
Daughter: Shweta Bachchan.
Son-in-law: Nikhil Nanda.
Daughter-in-law: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
|Grandchildren||Grandson: Agastya Nanda.
Granddaughters: 1. Navya Naveli.
2. Aaradhya Bachchan.
|Language Known||English, Hindi, and Bengali.|
|Parents||Father: Taroon Kumar Bhaduri.
Mother: Indira Bhaduri.
Sister: Rita Verma.
|Highest Qualification||Diploma in Acting.|
|School||St. Joseph’s Convent School.|
|Alma Mater||Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).|
Physical Statistics & More
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 2″.
Centimeters: 157 cm.
Meters: 1.57 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||38-32-40.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||3.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
Hobbies & Favorite Things
|Love to do||Listening to music, cooking, and reading.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Dilip Kumar and Dharmendra Deol.
Actress: Hema Malini and Nargis Dutt.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London and Switzerland.|
|Favorite Color(s)||Blue and White.|
Early Life, Parents & Siblings
The talented actress and now politician was born on the 9th of April 1948 and raised in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. Jaya’s father Taroon Kumar Bhaduri was a great writer of his age while her mother Indira Bhaduri was a normal house maker.
While Jaya was a teenager she had worked in a Bengali regional movie with Satyajit Ray as he was the director of the movie. After which she has taken up into the acting school from which she came out as a gold medalist in the diploma of acting.
She was very much influenced by her father as he was a journalist and a writer. She has always been a shy and introverted girl as being a child because she has completed her higher education in an all Girls School.
As being the only child of her parents she was provided with all the amenities and comfort during her childhood. She attended Saint Josephs Convent Girls School where she completed her senior secondary education. After her school life was over she was enrolled in the Film and Television Institute of India.
Marriage, Husband & Children
This Member of Parliament is married to the biggest star of the Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan on 3rd June 1973. This pair tied their knot after the release of a super hit movie titled Zanjeer. As the movie was a great success on the silver screen and to celebrate the same success they planned a trip to London.
When her father-in-law Harivansh Rai Bachchan came to know about the trip he put forward a condition that if this couple wants to go together, first they need to wed each other.
As they did not want to cancel their first-ever trip abroad so they were made to marry each just the night before their plane was to take off from the Mumbai Airport.
After getting married for some time, the couple declared their first baby in the year 1974 and named her Shweta Bachchan. In the year 1976, Jaya Bachchan gave birth to their second child and they named him Abhishek Bachchan (actor). Shweta is a writer who tied the knot to a business Nikhil Nanda and Abhishek is an actor who is married to the winner of Miss World 1999 and actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Jaya has three grandchildren two from her daughter namely Navya Naveli Nanda and Agastya Nanda while one grand-daughter from Abhishek namely Aaradhya Bachchan.
Body Measurements, Height & Weight
Jaya Bachchan’s height is 5 feet 2 inches tall which makes her placed into the category of short people in the country. She has dark brown eyes, grey short hair, and wrinkled skin which are the effect of her old age. She possesses a round face with an oval figure body.
She weighs around 60kgs (132 lbs). She follows a diet that is low in fat, high in fibers, minerals, antioxidants, and nutrients. Her diet includes eggs which are a rich source of protein and is low in calories and carbohydrates.
Acting Career, Movies & Filmography
This Bollywood star started her career back in the year 1963 when she was 15 years old. She acted in the movie which was directed by Satyajit Ray titled Mahanagar. It was a Bengali regional movie which starred Jaya Bachchan along with Anil Chatterjee and Madhabi Mukherjee.
She made Bollywood debut in the year 1975 with the movie Guddi which was made under the direction of Hrishikesh Mukherjee. In this film, she played the role of a teenage girl who was shown to be obsessed with movie star Dharmendra. The movie did well on the silver screens.
Furthermore, she was put with the Amitabh Bachchan in the film Bansi Birju which came out in the market in 1972. This was the first time when both were cast together in a project. After this, Jaya had got many hit movies such as Zanjerer, Abhimaan, Chupke Chupke, Mili, Silsila, and Sholay.
The Sholay was the greatest hit of her career life which successes under the command of Ramesh Sippy and was written by Salim Javed. The music was provided by the Pancham Daa aka R.D. Burman. The cost which was incurred while making the movie was 30 million whereas it earned 350 million in the box office and recorded the sale of 60.
After this, she was nowhere to be seen in any of the movies as she took a quite long break of 18 years before returning to the silver screen. She made her comeback with the movie which was made under the Dharma Productions namely known as Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham in the year 2001 and once again her fans loved her movie and it was a super hit.
She decided to leave Bollywood after a certain period and decided to join the Indian political system in the year 2004. She was elected as the Member of Parliament with the Samajwadi Party in the same year and she is serving the post of it till now.
Read Also – Who is Anuj Nehra? His Biography, Family, Wife, Net worth, Affairs & Facts to know
Some Lesser Known Facts about Jaya Bachchan
- Mrs. Bachchan has received India’s one of the highest awards Padma Shri in 1992.
- She is nine times winner of Filmfare Awards for her movie which includes Uphaar, Abhiman, Kal Ho Na, Kabhi Khushu Kabhi Gham.
- This former actress was last spotted in the year 2013 in a Bengali regional film titled as Sunglass.
- She took admission to the Film and Television Institute of India after her movie Mahanagar was released which was a regional movie. She was a gold medalist in the diploma of acting.
- There was a great controversy when her son was dating a star kid Karisma Kapoor and even got engaged to her. But the marriage was called off at the very end by the Bachchan’s family.
- Kapoor then tied the knot with Sanjay Kapur which also ended after several years.
- In the year 2010, she received a lifetime achievement award in Tongues On Fire which was the theme of that year film festival awards that was held in London. She has even received the best Parliamentarian Award in the year 2017.
- Furthermore, her dad T.K.Bhaduri had written a book titled Chambal The Valley of Terror which came out into the market in the year 1972.
- The book was based on his personal experience that he accumulated during the years of his journalism.
- Jaya Bachchan quit Bollywood after her marriage as she considered her family and upbringing of her kids at the topmost priority at that time.
- After her marriage was three years old Amitabh Bachchan was having an affair with the Bollywood actress Rekha.
- When Jaya came to know about this she invited Rekha at her home for a dinner party where she told her to step back as she not going to divorce her husband and leave vacant for her.
- While her superhit movie Sholay was being produced she was four months pregnant during that time.
Jaya Bachchan Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Caste, Biography, Family & Facts.For More Article Visit Timepostings
Comments are closed.