Mahesh Kanodia Age, Wife, Children, Death, Family, Biography & More
Mahesh Kanodia (born 11 November 1939 – died 25 October 2020) was a singer, stage performer, and politician from Gujarat state in India.
The singer turned politician came into the limelight after the headlines of his sudden death came. The former parliamentarian and legendary singer Mahesh Kanodia died at his home in Gandhinagar on Sunday, October 25, 2020. The reason for his death is reported to be a prolonged illness. His age was 83 years as of 2020.
Mahesh Kanodia was the elder brother of well known Gujarati actor Naresh Kanodia. But unfortunately, Mahesh also died two days after Naresh’s death, the reason for his death is said to be COVID-19 infection.
Although, after listening to the new the whole Gujrati fil industry paid tribute to legends. Moreover, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi also paid condolence to the Kanodia brothers.
In a span of two days, we have lost both Maheshbhai and Nareshbhai Kanodia. Their contributions to the world of culture, especially popularising Gujarati songs, music and theatre will never be forgotten. They also worked hard to serve society and empower the downtrodden. pic.twitter.com/Ri4GzOO5zo
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) October 27, 2020
One of the Legendary singers of India Lata Mangeshkar also expressed her condolence over the demise of singer Mahesh Kanodia and his younger brother Naresh Kanodia on Twitter. Further, she wrote that she knows them closely, and it’s really sad to hear this news.
The singers passed away just in two days gap. Also, many of her followers and supporters also paid tribute by writing ‘Om Shanti’ and ‘Rest in Peace’ in the comment section below her post.
|Real Full Birth Name||Mahesh Kanodia.
|Profession||singer, stage performer, and politician|
|Famous for||his various songs.|
|Age (As of 2020)||83 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||11 November 1939|
|Date of Death||October 25, 2020.|
|Reason of Death||Longtime Illness.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|House In||Gandhinagar, Gujrat.|
|Debut||TV Film: Veli Ni Aavya Phool (1969).|
|Awards||1. Award for Best Music for the film Jigar Ane Ami
2. Award for Best Music for the film Tanariri
3. Award for the second-best film for the film Jog Sanjog
4. Award for the best music for the film Jog Sanjog
5. Award for Best Playback Singer for the film Akhand Chudlo
6. Award for the best music for the film Laju Lakhan
|Earning Sources||Songs, Politics, Modeling, and Other Projects, etc.|
|Net worth (approx.)||5-10 Lakh Indian Rupees as of 2020.|
|House||Lavish Apartment in Los Angeles.|
Physical Statistics & More
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 7″.
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.70 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 137 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||40-28-36.|
|Shoe Size (US)||9.|
|Eye Color||Dark brown.|
|Parents||Father: Not revealed.
|Siblings||Brother: Naresh Kanodia.
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
Hobbies & Favorite Things
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Sashi Kapoor.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Greece.|
|Love to do||Singing, reading books.|
|Favorite Food||Ahemdawadi Gujrati Food.|
Musical Profession & More
In the 1970s Mahesh started his career in the field of singing. Earlier he uses to perform solo but later his younger brother Naresh Kanodia also joined him. They would often perform music together and entertain audiences.
The Singer’s duo did very well and also traveled to various foreign countries to perform live shows. They were considered as one of the successful Gujrati pair. According to the reports, they visited Africa, America, and many other Asian countries for shows.
In the same year, he also tried composing and won his first award for composing music for the film Jigar Ane Ami (1970). Mahesh then went on to win many awards for his music composition along with his brother.
Kanodia got various awards such as Award for Best Music for the film called Tanariri, Award for the second-best film for the film Jog Sanjog and Award for the best music for the film same film, Award for Best Playback Singer for the film named Akhand Chudlo, Award for the best music for the film Laju Lakhan, etc.
After he got retired from the music industry, Mahesh joined politics in the year 1991. He joined the Bharatiya Janata Party and also represented the Patan constituency in Lok Sabha four times. Afterward, his younger brother Naresh also joined as a politician in BJP, and Naresh’s son Hitu is presently a Member of Parliament.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Mahesh Kanodia
- The legendary singer of the Gujrati industry Mahesh Kanodia was born on 27th January in the year 1937 at Kanoda village (now in Patan district, Gujarat), India.
- The late star finished his primary education at Shahpur School in Ahmedabad and later graduated from University (name not known).
- As a musician, singer, and composer he worked in the Gujarati film industry for four decades. Also, she performed with his actor-singer brother Naresh Kanodia.
- In the year 2011, an autobiographical Gujarati book on the pair was published. The book was named Sauna Hridayma Hammesh: Mahesh-Naresh.
- Talking about the personal life and spouse of singer turned politician. Mahesh was married to Uma Kanodia.
- The couple tied the knot on January 1, 1960. They had a daughter named Pooja Kanodia, who was also a singer.
- unfortunately, pooja died in the year 2015. Furthermore, his nephew named Hitu Kanodia is an MLA in the Gujarat assembly.
- The Kanojia brothers started their career in Gujarati cinema together with the film titled Veli Ni Aavya Phool in the year 1969. In that movie, Mahesh was the music director and a playback singer, while his brother was an actor.
- One of the interesting facts about Mahesh is that he served the Patan constituency in Lok Sabha four times (10th, 11th, 12th, and 14th) as a member of the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party). First time from 1991 to 1999, and the second time from 2004 to 2009.
Trending: Kevin Almasifar Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Height, Family, Biography & Facts
Mahesh Kanodia Age, Wife, Children, Death, Family, Biography & More.For More Article Visit Timepostings
Comments are closed.