Paritosh Bannerji Wiki (Shakuntala Devi’s Husband) Age, Biography, Kids & More
Paritosh Bannerji (born in 1938) is a Retired Indian IAS Officer from Kolkata, India. He served in several government departments as an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer for more than 50 years.
Moreover, he traveled across several Indian cities for his work purpose. He married Shakuntala Devi (Social Worker, Writer & Mathematician) in the mid-1960s.
However, the couple soon ended their marriage in 1979. Bannerji is a homosexual. Shakuntala’s life positively changed being in a relationship with a gay man.
She tried to break the bars against the homosexual people in India and wrote a book The World of Homosexuals. It was her attempt to bring a positive change. Additionally, she worked hard on it.
Vidya Balan in the biopic movie Shakuntala Devi – Human Computer
The versatile actress signed to play the role of the “Human-Computer” and genius mathematician Shakuntala. On July 15, 2020, the trailer of the Shakuntala Devi biopic India Today had released on YouTube.
Jisshu Sengupta roped in to play the role of Shakuntala’s husband Paritosh Bannerji. He comes from a Bengali background so it is easy for him to get into the character.
Dangal movie famed actress named Sanya Malhotra played Anupama Banerji (Shakuntala’s daughter role).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic in India, the makers decided to release the biopic on the online platforms on July 31, 2020. The Hindi movie highlighted the complete journey of Shakuntala.
|Birth Full Name||Paritosh Bannerji.|
|Famous For||Former husband of Shakuntala Devi (Mental Calculator).|
|Age (As of 2020)||82 years old.|
|Profession||Retired IAS officer.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1938.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Gay (Homosexual).|
|Last Updated||16 July 2020 (©️ Copyright – www.dreshare.com)|
|Zodiac Birth Sign.||NA.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 7″.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Will Update Soon.
Mother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married (m. 1960; div. 1979).|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Shakuntala Devi.|
|Highest Qualification||Master Degree from College.|
|School||Public High School, Kolkata.|
Paritosh Bannerji was born in 1938 Kolkata, West Bengal. He grew in the Brahmin background. Still, the information of his father, siblings, and mother is unavailable on the internet platforms.
He knew about his homosexuality. Apart from that, he tried to focus on his studies and completed his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the university.
Shakuntala Devi’s husband applied in the Union Public Commission (UPSC) examination and cleared the toughest exam in his first attempt. Then, he joined as an IAS officer and served the nation for 50 years.
Spouse Shakuntala Devi, Wedding & Divorce
In the mid-1960s, the retired IAS officer tied the wedding knot with Shakuntala Devi. Paritosh Bannerji knew that his spouse excelled in the mathematics calculation. However, the couple faced troubles in their life when the news of his sexuality came out.
He was a homosexual person. Ms. Devi came out as a supporter of him. However, she was unable to save her marriage and separated from Bannerji in 1979. She embraced the beauty of motherhood with her daughter Anupama Banerji.
In April 2013, she admitted to the Bengaluru hospital when she compliant about respiratory problems. At the age of 83, she died in the hospital on April 21, 2013.
Some Interesting Facts about Paritosh Bannerji
- Shakuntala Devi’s ex-spouse lived his life with simplicity.
- His motive is to serve his country India.
- On the other hand, Paritosh Bannerji’s better half known as the mental calculator and human-computer.
- Without any formal education in mathematics, Shakuntala showed her arithmetic abilities at the University of Mysore.
- She wrote several books in the past years. It includes novels, puzzles, and astrology.
- The names of her books are Book of Numbers, Astrology for You, More Puzzles to Puzzle You, The World of Homosexuals, and In the Wonderland of Numbers.
- Along with her father Bishaw Mitra Mani, she traveled across Europe and demonstrated her talent in arithmetic in 1950.
- In 1988, she met Arthur Jensen who worked as a Psychology professor at the University of California, Berkeley. The professor tested her abilities to solve complex mathematical problems like the cube root of 61,629,875. Jensen released an academic journal Intelligence in 1990 based on his research on Devi.
- Within 50 seconds, the Human-computer solved the 201 cube root of 201 digits number at the South Methodist University. Her calculations were accurate and she received confirmation from the US Bureau of Standards UNIVAC1101 computer.
- In her book titled, Figuring: The Joy of Numbers she explained how she performed the typical calculations accurately.
- On June 18, 1980, she went to the Imperial College of London and did the multiplication of 7,686,369,774,870 × 2,465,099,745,779 and 18,947,668,177,995,426,462,773,730. Additionally, she correctly answered within 28 seconds. The Guinness Book of World Records 1982 recorded this event.
- After the divorce with her spouse in 1979, she entered politics. She contested for the Lok Sabha elections from two places South Mumbai and Medak region as an independent candidate. In the Medak area, she was against Indira Gandhi but lost the elections. She tried to defend the people from the cheating activities of the congress party.
- She returned to Bengaluru City after losing the elections in 1980 and stayed over there.
- Through her book, “The World of Homosexuality” published in 1977. She understood about the condition of gay people in India and the world. In her book, she displayed the storyline of two young homosexual men who wanted to legalize their marriage. Still, the book went unnoticed at that time.
- She was a precocious child.
- Paritosh Bannerji included himself in the social work activities in the Kolkata region. He supported in the upliftment of the needy people of the society.
Paritosh Bannerji Wiki (Shakuntala Devi’s Husband) Age, Biography, Kids & More.For More Article Visit Timepostings
Comments are closed.